Meet long-time best friends (it’s about time, sorry there’s definitely inside jokes in here and I’m in all these photos, but these are the only people who read this blog so):
- Alexis ‘Homie’: current FSU student, is available for extended periods of time or bust, could just as easily end up on SNL as could succeed in making a workout troupe based in Los Angeles, wants sour candy 24/7, abbreviates most words v well it’s p surprising ikr idc brb lol, can perform “Iko Iko” from Just Dance 2 on command, has left for London and will return as the new Queen of England, Elizabeth beware.
- Tiffany ‘Joey’: current NYU student, big fan of quesadillas and inappropriate jokes, has studied abroad in China [read: she’s cool like that] but is meant to be in NYC, calls herself a hipster as she gets ready every morning to attain her real goal of being a *hipster*, not very coordinated but is always willing to get down/groovy, and can physically wound you by surprising you with a bear hug when you least expect it.
- Alison ‘Tool’: current CalTech student, the biggest tool I’ve ever met, enjoys Green Goodness juice and peanut butter #straightouttathejar, plays varsity volleyball (but Division 3), wants to become Mrs. Frizzle when she grows up, is known for going MIA, fully embraces the CanAsian lifestyle (in honor of the Sutherland clan), and cannot stand large amounts of sugar in baked goods because “that’s just gross, why would you ever do that, ugh.”
- Gabby ‘The OG’: current USF student, also responds to ‘Goob’ and ‘Gabgab,’ loves the Mr. Bean movies too much?, would enjoy long walks on the beach but somehow always gets really itchy, might be allergic to everything (we’re not sure yet), has the talent of being able to dance any dance form like an elegant fairy princess, and legitimately wants unicorns to come out of hiding so she can have one (we’re onto you, Scotland).
- Neena ‘Seester’: current Williams student (as of two days ago), debutante, accomplished Bharatanatyam dancer (what doesn’t she do?), well she doesn’t really experience jetlag, considers her fashion taste to be boho chic but really wears sweatpants most of the time, might have a hidden knack for hiking (well, we hope she does, good luck this week in the wilderness, kiddo), and has most recently discovered she enjoys embarrassing herself when she leasts expects it.
- Mandy ‘Not Amanda’: current USF student, aspiring Irish woman (but aren’t we all?), enjoys talking during movies, favorite color is that pretty kelly green, will most likely send you pictures of her cat Skeppy once you’ve been entered into her inner circle of friendship, convinces people she has an older sister named Mary who lives in Seattle, and absolutely hates monkeys (she’s probably reading this and saying “ew ew ew” in response to the mention of monkeys on her profile).
- Lela ‘The Soon-to-Be Famous One’: current Drexel student, fashion major [read: cooler than everyone else], intends for her life to be a mix between Gossip Girl and Sex and the City, is very enthusiastic about Christmas cards (or is it just her mom that feels that way?), once modeled for a French magazine but Lela was called Sneha and it was her big break into the fashion industry, and listens to Boston by Augustana whenever she misses Boston, will probably listen to it now that I’ve reminded her of that, sorry not sorry.
- Grace ‘Aspiring Bear’: current USF student, reads more books than I can handle and writes/tells some pretty great stories, listens to One Direction for at least 9 hours at a time (there is no in between), will fight you on the difference between Marvel and D.C. , cares deeply about Jurassic Park (as one should because velociraptors), and will exchange Girl Scout cookies for help during detention (same).
Okay, the ode to my best friends is over now.